It can be tricky to make your hair look your best on long vacations or excursions. While it’s easy to keep it clean and looking great at a resort, it can be tricky to keep it out of your face! No one wants oily hair from all of the suntan oil. It’s even worse if you try to do something like paddle boarding and you keep losing your balance because your hair is in the way. Fortunately, these travel hairstyles are easy to do and they’ll keep your hair looking great and out of the way. Which one is your favorite?
Travel Hairstyles: Curly Hair
1. If you’ve got curly hair, the easiest way to tame it while traveling is to put it up in a top knot or messy bun. That way, it is up and out of the way. Accessorize with a headband or hair scarf for an ultra-chic vacation look.
2. If your curls like the moisture, let them out to enjoy it and let your hair go free. Bring a sunhat along with you so that you can protect the curls if they get too frizzy or in your face. Plus, big sun hats help keep your face protected from the sun.
Travel Hairstyles: Long Hair
1. I love the idea of sporting two top knots on vacation. If you’ve got long hair, this is a perfect way to keep it up and out of the way. To create, part your hair and tie back into two tall pigtails. Wrap the hair around itself, creating a bun, and secure. Cute huh?
2. I love the look of a slick-backed ponytail for nighttime dinners. You’ll want your hair to be a bit damp to create the perfect slicked-back look. Follow over the ends of your hair with a flat iron for an ultra-shiny look.
Travel Hairstyles for Black Women
1. Keep the sun and wind from scorching your locks by tying a headscarf around the top of your head.
2. If your hair is a lot to deal with on vacation, consider having a hairdresser or friend put it into long braids before you head out. Not only will the braids help to protect your hair, but it’s nice not to have to worry about it.
Travel Hairstyles: Braids
My favorite idea for any length or kind of hair is to put it back in braids during the duration of your trip. Not only will you have epic beach waves when you finally take the braids out, but it’s a fashionable way to keep your hair back and out of your face. Experiment with dutch braids, french braids, waterfall, or any of the above. You can’t go wrong.
Leave a Reply